RBLS (abbreviation of the adjective rebels) is a performing arts festival that wants to discover to young people new spaces, propose different staging experiences that connects with their interests and concerns, and involve them in creative processes.
The festival was born in 2017 with the aim of bringing theatre closer to young people between 13 and 20 years old. RBLS is committed to proposals that go beyond their pedagogical value to “generate good stage experiences to young people and make an impact, only then will they want to return to the theater“. To infect them with the passion and love for this art, discovering risky, stimulating plays that connect with their interests and concerns. Make them the protagonists of an event made for them.
This experiential line is reflected in the programming of professional shows, a community project, workshops to awaken the creative capacities in young people and the Youth Theater Fair, RBLS APOSTA, promoted with the collaboration of the ACET (Catalan Association of Theater Schools) and conceived as a space that brings together the scenic creation for adolescents and young people and those responsible for programming theaters, fairs and festivals.
perpetuum has been collaborating with the RBLS organization since the second edition, in 2018. We have helped to move forward::
- The professional section: Normalization of theatre for young people: international models. Meeting with theatre educators from Germany and Italy and other professionals specialized in theatre and young people. Through their experience, the speakers explained the way to advance towards the normalization of theatre for young people. 2018.
- Presentation of the book “Dramatúrgia alemanya conteorània. Teatre jove ”, volume of 4 plays by German authors, translation into Catalan. With the dramatized reading of one of the plays “Qüestió d’honor [Ehrensache]”, by Lutz Hübner, by acting students from the Institut del Teatre de Barcelona and directed by Antonio Morcillo. And open discussion with the author, the artistic team and the publisher of the book. 2018.
- 1st Youth Theatre Fair in Catalonia, pitching of 15 projects to an audience of programmers from all over Catalonia. 2019.
- Community stage project: COMUNITAT RBLS-empoderamiento y gender. With the collaboration of the Fundació Pare Manel. 2019.
- RBLSAPOSTA, 2nd Youth Theatre Fair in Catalonia, pitching of 15 projects to an audience of programmers from all over Catalonia. 2020.